Messerschmitt Bf-109G-6 1/72
In great news for modelers in the compact 1/72 scale, the "Gustav" is to be released as a Tamiya kit!
With over 30,000 produced, the Messerschmitt Bf109 is the most prolifically manufactured fighter in history; of its variants, the G-6 was the most numerous at 13,000 aircraft. In response to improving Allied foes in the air, Bf109 G aircraft had the more powerful DB605 engine, and from the G-6 were equipped with dual 13mm MG131 machine guns that required the distinctive bulges on either side of the cockpit cowling known as "Beule." Some were even given a 20mm cannon gondola under each wing for further improved firepower.
The Bf109 G-6 was deployed on both the Western and Eastern fronts, in particular dominating Soviet adversaries as it continued in service through to the end of WWII.
About the Model
• This is a 1/72 scale plastic model assembly kit.
• The striking, refined form of the G-6 variant Bf109 is captured, including depictions of the Beule bulges.
• This product takes inspiration from the highly accurate 1/48 model (Item 61117). Please note that engine cowlings are depicted closed.
• The cockpit is inserted after left and right fuselage halves have been put together. It has an accurate interior with streamlined assembly.
• Canopy can be assembled in open or closed state.
• Landing gear struts have a solid attachment point for accurate attachment angle and position.
• Comes with optional drop tank parts.
• 2 marking options are planned - JG51 (with distinctive eye marking on the Beule) and JG54.