PZL P.11c was the top of the high-wing fighters development that was in service with the Polish air force. Zygmunt Pulawski, gifted designer of the Polish state company PZL, had been designing allmetal high-wing monoplanes with typicaly shaped wing since the 1920s. This type of wing carried his name, but is also sometimes called simply the gullwing or Polish-wing. The first prototype of P.11 took off for its maiden flight in 1931. Development of this new plane was rather complicated one. The first version to be accepted in service with the Polish force was the P.11a, while the P.11b version was manufactured for Romania. New version, the P.11c, came in 1935, its prototype being the P.11/IV. This version differed from the P.11a in the re-designed tailplane and the fuselage with bigger dorsal fairing and later became the most numerous Polish fighter in the eve of the war. Immediately after the German attack on September 1, 1939, these planes got involved in the heavy fightings against the German Luftwaffe, and, 14 days later when the Soviet Union treacherously invaded Poland from the east, also against the Red Army´s air force.